Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Two for the price of one

(First)

endless unremembered words
fumbling at phrases I thought to adore
but cannot recall in the next moment
by trying to forget them

would they be worth anything
even if I could find sufficient words
that mean these feelings
I stumble after precision

drunk on iced floral sunshine
a pen pursed between lips and fingertips
a gaze focused between the breezes
to find things to say






(Second)

imagining you is better than remembering
in the memories I’ve never had
everything you do is right

I listen to love songs
try to recapture emotions I’ve never
believed, maybe never felt
and sometimes wonder if not
forming attachments is my diagnosis
cowardice or inability
circumstances hardly signify
casting about

falling for ideas instead of things

No comments:

Post a Comment